- Wealth Managers who are professionally qualified (CFP or higher)
Associate Job Role
- Preparing and maintaining client files
- Preparing recommendations
- Implementing recommendations
A. Preparing and maintaining client files
- Checking all compliance paperwork is present.
- Confirming that the client’s risk profile is determined.
- Discussing the client’s objectives with the Wealth Manager.
- Identifying and obtaining the information necessary to compile paperwork required as per financial needs analysis.
- Compiling draft net worth statements; income and expenditure statements and financial cashflow forecasts and discussing these with the Wealth Manager.
B. Preparing recommendations
- Identifying areas for planning.
- Undertaking research both independently and with the Wealth Manager to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Preparing information and comparisons for analysis by the Wealth Manager.
- Liaising with the client’s legal and tax advisers, if necessary.
- Considering current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to the client’s risk profile.
- Preparing draft recommendation to be discussed with and signed off by the Wealth Manager.
C. Implementing recommendations
- Preparing suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
- Completing application forms.
- Ensuring that all compliance paperwork is in order.
- Making changes to clients’ portfolios as instructed.
- Implementing the chosen investment strategies.
- Acting as a main point of contact and dealing effectively with queries from clients and other parties.
- Establishing and building strong relationships with clients and attending client meetings with the Wealth Manager.
- Organizing future planning meetings with clients.
- Reviewing investment portfolios, asset allocations, risk profiles etc.
- Sending planning figures to clients for updates and revisions in preparation for meetings.
- Initiating review meetings with clients
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Understanding of the financial planning process
- Ability to work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Prioritisation and planning of own workload
- Detailed and accurate
- Excellent inter‐personal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi‐task and prioritise effectively
- Good IT skills
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Broad knowledge of financial services world
- High level of technical knowledge
- CFP or B. Com. Degree
- Other technical areas (Pensions, Long‐Term Care)
- Financial planning
- Variable based on experience
- A basic salary plus commission is on offer